Saint Mark's

St Mark’s was built for the Herston community between 1868 and 1872, using local Purbeck stone from the quarries which then provided the livelihood of many local families.  Adjacent St Mark’s CEVA School had already served the community for two decades and there is a continuing special relationship between Church and School.  The regular congregation includes a number of lifelong members and there is a strong bond between St Mark’s and the Herston community.  St Mark’s also supports a World Vision project and plays a full part in the life of the Team Ministry.  The main Sunday service is weekly at 10.00am and is usually a sung Eucharist but occasionally a less formal Family Service.

 

As well as St Mark’s First School there is a Pre-school group.  A toddler group meets in St Mark’s Hall.

 

For further information please contact the Parish Office.

© 2010 Swanage & Studland Team Ministry

Parish Office, St. Mary's Rooms, Church Hill, Swanage, Dorset, BH19 1HU.
Rector: The Revd. John Wood, The Rectory, 12 Church Hill, Swanage. Office Tel: 01929 421117 Direct Tel: 01929/422916